NC Computer Mama

Monday, September 8, 2008

Blessings and Curses of Hurricane Hanna

We were supposed to fly back from NY to NC on Saturday but got delayed by a day due to Hurricane Hanna. Our flight was cancelled out of Albany. Our new flight was scheduled for Sunday. I have to say there are positives and negatives to everything. This was no different.

As for the curses, our new flight was set for 8:40am. That doesn't sound so bad until you realize that my parents house is almost 2 hours from the airport. We had to get up at 4:45 to have enough time to shower, eat, and feed Ainsley. After an uneventful car ride, we were at the airport. I am not sure if this is what happens to everyone, but Ainsley did not sleep at all on the flights. She didn't scream thankfully, but was so over tired when we got back. By 4:00 in the afternoon, I finally got her to settle down and take a nap. Unfortunately, we had a meeting we had to go to at church at 6. We woke her up from her much needed nap and headed to church. She made it about 5 minutes in before she went into complete meltdown. We were in the cry room but she could still be heard from the other side of the sanctuary. Poor sad baby. We finally got her home and into bed around 8. Thank goodness for a nice comfy crib for her to be in.

As for blessings, we got to have an extra day at the lake. Even though it was raining, it was totally worth it. The best part was that we got to spend it with my Aunt Nancy. Aunt Nancy is one of those people in life that just brings big smiles to your face. She shows up at random times and is always there when you need her. She has always been known to me at Aunt Nancy despite no blood relation. She has been more of an aunt to me than any of my real aunts. She has been puked on by me more times in life than I would like to remember and yet she loves me anyway. She surprised us with a visit from NJ on Friday night. She was only going to stay until mid morning on Saturday since we were leaving too. It was supposed to be a quick visit so that she could meet Ainsley. Well, with the change of plans, she stayed through Sunday and drove us to the airport. So we got to enjoy a day filled with rainy craft shows, drives through the mountains, a rousing game of Hand and Foot, and great company.


So even though we had some trouble with the reschedule, I am so thankful for it. And now all I can say is "Home Again Home Again Giggadee Gig"