NC Computer Mama

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tomorrow is a Big Day

My family has a history of urinary reflux. My 2 sisters and I all had it as kids. Out of 5 of my nieces and nephews that have been tested so far, 4 of them have it. As of right now, most of them have grown out of it. My sisters both had surgery for it when they were little. I finally outgrew mine when I was in 3rd grade.

Tomorrow, Ryan and I are taking Ainsley to be tested. I am quite nervous for this. First and foremost, I don't want her to have this genetic disorder. Secondly, I don't want to put my child through this horrible test. I have such feelings of guilt that I could have passed this disorder on to her. I know that there is nothing you can do to determine what genes are passed and what aren't but its still rough on the mommy in me. Its also going to be tough for me as it will bring back many memories I have of being tested yearly until the 3rd grade.

So pray for us tomorrow. Pray that she doesn't have it. Pray for Ainsley to do well in the physical part of the test. Pray for my emotions. Pray for us to make wise decisions if she does have it.

Thanks and I will keep you posted.